Curb Appeal


I saw it again. That Ruby Red coquette I've been seeing in town for the last two years was parked in front of the cafe where I was enjoying my coffee and sour cherry upside-down cake.

I have no idea who the owner is, but a closer examination of the car reveals we share the same alma mater. (Tote bag on passenger seat.)

#572 Ruby Red 
This Cabriolet leads a charmed life. Clearly a low-mileage car that has been garaged its whole life as evidenced by its pristine, unmarked cream beige leather, unworn black soft top, dark anodized trim, super straight panels that fit perfectly ... this car is the automotive equivalent of a veal calf. It has been pampered and kept away from the elements that could rob its youthful, dewy sheen.

Precisely who owns this car I do not know, but I have a feeling I am destined to find out. Perhaps I even already know this person and didn't realize we shared this one subject in common.

18-year old cars don't look like this by accident. They are loved and it shows. It should come as no surprise that I've found people who love their cars generally like talking about the object of their affection with fellow enthusiasts. ("My car was in your blog? You must send me a link!")

Stay tuned for details as they become available.

Comments