More Little Things

AFTER
My car has had its windshield replaced, so it no longer had a Mercedes window sticker on the passenger side  as they all do from the factory. I still don't like the fit of the new windshield but at least the sticker I'd been saving for years now has a new home. 
AFTER
Two things were wrong with the wooden center console. The vinyl covering was coming unglued and the wooden door was poorly repaired and unable to be locked. I found another box in 265 beige, then found another burl wood door, then combined all three boxes to make one very good one. I also swapped over the locking mechanism, so it is now as-new and fully operational.
AFTER
I managed to find an unused spare tire from another W124, so I swapped out the original with this unusual find. I also keep a stash of completely fresh MB toolkits, so that also came in handy. The result is a spare tire well that now looks exactly as it did when the vehicle was new.

Comments